Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fish net to catch chickens

This morning I ran over to the camping store to buy this:

If it really comes to having to have to bring my chooks inside because of the heat or something, I need to catch them quickly.

The two older ones are very tame; they'd come to me, but the new young ones are pretty flighty.  I don't want to run around chasing chickens in the heat, wouldn't be good for either of us.  Appearently this instrument is the thing to use in such situation.

Now I'm off to cover all my veggie beds.


Update:

I covered all my beds with double net cover.  The whole garden looks kind of silly.   Not very attractive.

everything is covered and shaded

all but the grapes are covered

Really, how much heat and sun can grapes take?
I am thinking maybe a lot, but it might not be so.  I suppose we'll find out at the end of this day.


Thankfully the temperature is still quite okay, about 32 celsius at 11 am, maybe it will not reach the predicted height of 43 ...


No comments:

Post a Comment