Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Pinched pasta for soup



This is best used fresh.  Usually only a small amount is needed so I make this when I make pasta dough for other use and I just tear off a small amount of that.

The best to make a hard dough so no oil or water among the ingredients.

I use a breadmaker for making the dough, but someone with strong hands it is quite easy and simple to make it by hand.

Put in the breadmaker

5 eggs (60g each)
tsp salt

carefully mix with a fork
then add

350g plain flour
150g semolina (the two mixed previously in a bowl)

Then switch on the Pasta Program.  Mine is 14 minutes in my old Breville.
I stand around with a spatula and a bowl of flour.  It needs a bit of helping with the initial blending (or maybe I just can't resist to poke it all the time), and could need more flour.
You want to make the dough hard but not brake the machine of course.

This is how it looked like after the first cycle on the 14 minute Pasta Program
When the cycle is over, I put it through the same 14 minute program once more.


For this pasta the dough doesn't need resting.  I tear off a piece and pinch off little pieces.  The size is about like these.  I put a fork next to them for comparison:



And that's it, really.  Cooked for about 5 minutes in a soup.




No comments:

Post a Comment