Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Spring time dog grooming

Well, it's actually summer now, so we are a bit late with doing this.


We decided to give both dogs a haircut once the warm weather has settled in.  It's much more comfortable for them, letting the fresh air reach their skin.  Just like when we wear some airy clothes I suppose, the body cools easier.


Lily was first, we clipped her last week.
We perched her on a table with castors, and I sat down armed with a comb and a pair of blunt pointed but sharp scissors.  She was no trouble at all, mostly just sitting there, letting me do my job.  Really trusting.   Good girl, Lily.  I only needed L. to hold her head when I was trimming around her eyes.


  
I, on the other hand didn't do a very good job.  She looks very "homemade", to say the least, but still, kind of cute.  She felt so good afterwards she couldn't stop frolicking about.


Here are the before and after pictures:


  

Tina's turn was yesterday.  To work on her, I needed L's help from start to finish.  We put Tina on a stable table stepping on the bottom to hold it steady.  Still, the table was shaking and rattling as Tina was so scared poor thing, she was shaking!


Ended up giving her Bach remedies. We usually use this with her when there is a thunderstorm, but it was needed now, too.  Rock rose (for panic) and Rescue Remedy (for strong stress), two drops each in a little water.   Then I just put some in my hand and rub it on her nose.  She calmed down quite a bit within a couple of minutes.  


Tina has a very downy-sort of coat which is very susceptible to matting.  I am sure she was very happy with the result, I cut off all those nasty mats and tangles, stopping the discomfort they'd must have caused her.   When it was all finished, she was jumping with joy that her life was spared!


Here are Tina's before and after pictures:




she looks so much better, I reckon.


and let's see who was watching, from a safe distance, the whole time:










No comments:

Post a Comment