Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

“Stop whining and get on with it”




After this long break I am restarting my posts.  Lots of changes occurred around here, one major thing is that I stopped working; my condition worsened so that I just could not push on any more.  My work was too physical and despite all the help and support from my colleagues and my boss, at the end I had to realise it was time to stop.

I went into a kind of really low time for a while.  I could not see the point to anything.  A big, heartfelt thank you and appreciation for my husband for all the support he gave me during that time … and since.

However, things are looking a bit better now.  I still haven’t given up on getting back to ‘normal’ one day, but for now I have stopped pushing against … well, whatever I was pushing against, and accepted to live with it at least for now.  I am taking the medication and do as much as I can.

Problem is that I like doing a lot -

Developing a natural, sensible lifestyle as self-sufficient as possible is my dream.  I have been reading and studying a lot about this.

I am trying to do some meditation and relaxation every day.

My garden has really taken off.  Gradually the whole backyard has been taken over by food growing.

Part of the garden with the chook house at the back and a herb spiral at the front


I have taken up some craft activities again, like sewing, waldorf doll making, weaving and possibly knitting.

My sewing room before the update


My interest in cooking and baking, natural food and fermenting has been going through a renewal.

Preserve of tomato, capsicum and basil


I can’t do too much in one go, need to have frequent breaks, but who cares?


One of the reasons I have decided to restart this blog is that I don’t know many people with the same interest, and I often found I needed advice on a problem I had encountered. 

Maybe some people will read this blog and could provide some advice or solution to a problem I will have from time to time.  Gosh, I spent so many hours reading through forums and websites trying to find out why my chicken looked the way she did and what to do about it, or why my sourdough starter gone smelly and bad.  And I’ve found that there are many people in the same situation to mine.

Once there will be enough posts in many subjects, I want to organize them in groups, so information could be quickly accessed by anyone looking for info on that subject.  I will also include the links to all those wonderful blogs/websites I found most useful in my dire need of advice and inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment